Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Today's Session

First of all, I have less than one week until my presentation! Last night, I electronically delivered all of my materials to my evaluators. That was a stressful moment, but I feel so free now, having done so. Even though I'm nearing the end of the process, I don't consider myself "done" learning at all. In fact, today was a very successful day in the way of tracking. Parker Callister came over and we recorded two songs! One was an acoustic track, à la Andy McKee, and the other was a banjo track that was sort of a Lumineers style song, stomping and all. They have been tracked completely, and my only contribution was in stomping, and suggesting leads, etc. They are being mixed, as I type up this blog post. The two songs are fairly short, but really catchy. Parker is just such a good musician, it's hard not to enjoy his stuff. When he's home from college, he plays in his band Kaboosh!. My band and his have played several shows together over the past few years, and I've learned to love his unique music. If I get his permission, I may put one or both of them up on SoundCloud. If not, they will definitely appear in part of presentation, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment