Monday, May 6, 2013

Happiness Revisited

1) I feel most happy when I'm busy. The more things I have to do, the more ways I will be able to expend my energy, and the more effort I will be able to put into everything I do. Especially when I really care about the things that I am involved in.

2) This was an interesting read. Some of it was ver informative, and made good historical connections. However, I felt that it was very repetitive in most areas, and its point was made on like the 2nd page. The rest of the article was different quotes about happiness from random people. It also felt pretty pretentious to me, telling people that they could never be truly happy if they ever questioned themselves. I don't know. It just rubbed me the wrong way for the most part.

3) Just about the middle. I have relative skill set and am moderately challenged now.

4) This has changed because when I started, my skill set was much smaller and I had many more challenges. As I grew in my understanding of what I was doing, I began to feel much more comfortable and confident, without ever feeling bored.

5) One can achieve flow by putting themselves in the right mindset for the task at hand, then staying busy enough with what are doing as to not get distracted. After this, make sure that the work they are doing is interesting enough to keep them engaged. Set goals, and complete them, but always with a next step in mind. Just get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment