Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sample Presentation

Last night was the sample WISE presentation. Luke Mendola gave his presentation to everyone taking WISE, as well as the teachers, some parents, and some others from the community. All in all, I was thoroughly impressed by his presentation. His use of his notes/narrative, live performances/demonstrations, and useful slideshow provided the audience with great insight into the harmonica. You could really tell how into it he was, and it made me more into it. I'm sure that's what WISE is all about, and I hope I get the same experience from the two presentations that I have to evaluate. Some things that Luke did that I definitely want to incorporate into mine are the use of a simple slide show that you just talk in front of, live demonstrations, and referring to your narrative in terms of background, quotes, etc. My presentation is actually likely to be much like Luke's, what with all of the background info and live demonstrations. I left feeling very confident. Luke was definitely ballsy to go out there in front of everyone and do the first one, but his went very very well. Jamming with Adam was definitely a plus, and I'm planning on tracking a live musician as well, so hopefully it will turn out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment