Monday, April 29, 2013

A Couple New Things

On Saturday, April 27th, I attended the best concert of my life. I went with two of my friends and my Sister and her friend to go see You Me At Six, Mayday Parade, Pierce the Veil, and All Time Low at Monmouth University in NJ. Oh my god. Incredible show. So many people. So many lights. So many emotions. So many bruises. So many sweat. I had an absolute blast. The only bummer was that I lost my iPod crowd surfing. Oh well. After the concert I got a chance to talk to the live audio engineer whom I have already met before, seeing as that show marked my 6th time seeing All Time Low. His mix was amazing, and I just chatted with him for a while, relatively casually too.

I was hoping to show the class one of my mixes through the SmartBoard, but there was no computer or Ms. Lord present, thus I was forced to take a rain check. Some of the other things that people brought in were super cool though, and it was great to see how peoples' projects are panning out. 

I have a mentor meeting on Wednesday (the first in a while) that I am excited about. We'll read through my blog and talk about where stuff is going, and how I can start preparing for my final presentation.

On Sunday I will be traveling up to On Point Productions, in order to create a final mix for what will be the single off of my band's album. I am so very excited about this, and will be sure to include it in this blog.

I have band practice Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week in preparation for a large benefit show that we are participating in on Saturday evening in Stewart Park for the "1 in 15,000 Mission." Even though I'm swamped this week, I have some drum tracking to take care of on a new song, so that will also get done.

Only a few weeks left! Kicking it into high gear now

No comments:

Post a Comment