Monday, April 8, 2013

On Point

I spent basically the entire weekend in the studio. It was awesome. Tiring, but awesome. On Saturday I worked alongside Damien. We made guitar sounds, chose samples for the drum triggers, corrected bass errors, fixed alignment issues, and started editing/mixing vocals. It was great because it was the first real day of editing. It was about a 4 hour session, and I learned a lot. At the end of the day, he invited us back to the studio on Sunday for another mixing session. Only this time, he would not be present, and I would be the one doing the work. I was so excited and honored and nervous and a whole lot of other things all at once. Damien wanted us to work while he went to church, and that way we would pretty much double our outcome because I could do the editing, and he could do the mixing. The part that I, as the producer, really needed to be there for was the editing of the vocals, and so I just did it myself. I spent from 11am - 3:30 pm in the studio on Sunday, just editing/correcting and mixing vocals. All of that time, and I only was able to finish 2 songs on my own. I guess 2 songs in 4 hours isn't bad though. It was an amazing experience. Super tedious, and I was very tired by the end of the session, but it was way cool. I'll post pictures and hopefully a video that my Dad took in my next entry. It was just me manning the software, Paul the intern watching over my shoulder to make sure I didn't blow up the room or to answer any questions and to be another set of ears, Nicky to be a second set of ears, and my Dad to take pictures and be another set of ears. I'm so glad I had the experience, but I cannot imagine doing that all day every day. Maybe getting paid has something to do with it. Off to school now. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment