Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Decision Making

After messing around with both softwares for quite some time, I've decided to continue my project using Cubase LE 5. I found a very informative 6 part tutorial on YouTube that I have watched 2 parts of, and have already learned so much. I could easily have used Reaper, which I am already very comfortable with, but I wanted to challenge myself and get more out of my project. It's a busy time, but now that I'm all set up with my software and hardware, I think I can finally start getting musicians in to work! As far as different songs/genres/ideas, these are what I have so far:

• A 'hardcore' song that I co-wrote with the bassist from my band, Joel Beckwith. We'll get in another guitarist (Max Gaeta) and a singer (Zachary Dennis) for this track.
• An 'indie' acoustic song that is yet to be written, hopefully I'll have something to do with that, and performed by Allie Young and Vanessa Anderson 
• A 'folk-rock' or some kind of out there alternative progressive track to be written and recorded by myself and a good friend and excellent musician by the name of Parker Callister
• A 'pop dance jam' that I'm hoping to create with the singer of my band, Kristian Wood-Gaiger. This will most likely include some MIDI mapping, which I've never tried before, so that's cool.

I would also really like to try producing/engineering some Country, but I don't know anyone who plays it or could write a believable country tune. I'll be on the lookout though. I might try to track some other instruments that I'm not used to dealing with like banjo, ukelele, horns, piano, etc.

Finally getting actually moving on this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment