Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pro Tools LE 8

Thanks to the help of Joon Park, and Nate at REP Studios, I am the proud new owner of some new recording software! After school today, I accompanied Joon to the studio to get Pro Tools installed on my computer. Nate ended up being in a meeting for most of the time, and so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him much. Nevertheless, the installation seemed to be successful. I haven't had a chance to properly test it out, as we had to leave the studio by 5, and then I had rehearsal at 7. Tomorrow will be the test run! Pro Tools requires hardware (a recording interface - in my case an M-Audio 2-channel USB powered interface that will hopefully be compatible with the software) to run, and so I'm hoping that that next step will go smoothly as well. If it doesn't turn out to work, then I have a few options. If the hardware is the problem, then I can simply buy a new interface that will be compatible. If the software is the problem, then I can either return to REP Studios to try again, or try to continue on with my project using a different software. Regardless of what happens on that front, I am meeting with one of my band's guitarists tomorrow to work on some new music and hopefully write, and possibly demo, for some songs that will be used for my project. Updates on all of this soon to come

No comments:

Post a Comment