Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Opportunities

Dear Diary,

Today I got to do something really cool. I was asked to record the Superintendant, Dr. Brown, for the school musical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Dr. Brown was reading for the "Book Voice." In the story, the main character leads his life off of a self-help book with the same title as the show. We thought it would be neat and funny to have the Superintendant read the part, and so today from 1-2:30 I sat in a practice room in Kulp with my recording gear, Mr. Winans (the director), and Dr. Brown, engineering the "session". There were a total of nine sections where there is narration, and we did about three takes for each monologue. After Dr. Brown left, Mr. Winans and I chose which take was the best for each one, and then proceeded in splicing and editing from there, if we didn't like the sound of a word or phrase. Tonight I am hoping to review those takes once again and do any final editing, before I "mix" them. My mixing will probably just consist of me boosting the low end, adding a bit of compression, and some reaverb in order to make it sound more God-like. After that, I will have to convert each .wav file into a high-quality .mp3 file, leave it uncompressed, and export them to an audio CD for the technicians to deal with during the show. I'm glad to be more than just an actor in this production, and it's cool that I got to use my skill set in this capacity. All for now.

<3 xoxo <3

St. John


1 comment:

  1. This is such a great opportunity! Intertwining all your interests like these is something that WISE is so great for.

    ReplyDelete