Sunday, February 24, 2013

Acoustifest 2013

My band, Starts on Friday, playing our set for this years Acoustifest.
From L to R: Joel Beckwith, St. John Faulkner, Kristian Wood-Gaiger, Max Gaeta
Over the weekend, I took part in Acoustifest 2013. Acoustifest is the Winter event put on by the Rock The Arts club at Ithaca High School, which I am a large part of. The event took place on The Commons at The Brigadune (aka the "Vintage Poster Store") on Friday the 22nd, from 6-9:30 pm, where many local musicians came together to showcase their talent in an acoustic setting for a crowd of about 200. I participated not only as a musician and audience member, but I was also in charge of live sound. I brought all of my equipment and spent a good hour setting up prior to the event, and then stood behind my sound board all night, making sure everyone sounded beautiful. Then after the set, I tore everything down (I really really hate that part). The only time that there were any technical difficulties was during my band's set (of course). We didn't perform quite as well as I would have hoped, but we were relatively unprepared and we aren't used to playing acoustically at all. I was very satisfied with the rest of the night, however. Everyone sounded great and the crowd was really into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment