Thursday, February 21, 2013

Red Flag Journal 2

How much time did you spend on your project?
I had a very busy week this week but did get to spend time doing things involving my project, which could be considered research, or could be considered work. I spent about 8 hours in the studio (On Point Productions) in Binghamton on Sunday, working alongside the engineer, Damien. I'm always playing music and practicing with my band though too.

What did you do that was hands-on?
I have begun co-producing my band's album, which is giving me great insight as to what it's going to be like when I start producing all on my own. I've also been writing lots of material that I plan to start tracking soon. This includes me just sitting on my bed with an acoustic guitar writing riffs and licks and recording them onto my ipod in a very primitive, low-quality way.


What research did you do?
I've been looking up strange little techniques to do so that I can make the process work more quickly when I'm having a session (so basically I'm learning shortcuts in the software). This research is coming by way of YouTube and has mostly involved the inner workings of ProTools.

Did you meet with your mentor? What did you talk about?
Yes. Mr. Parker and I chatted about the details of my project and the direction in which I would like to go. We're planning on meeting 8th period, on either Wednesdays or Thursdays of every week. But the good news is that I get to see him almost every night at rehearsal for the musical anyways.


Do you have at least 3 journal entries? 
Yes I do. I am also planning on writing about my experience in the studio on Sunday and about commenting on two of my peers' blogs ASAP.


Were you in class this week? Did you have/use your journal?
We just got back from a break, leaving Monday's class unattended. Today is Thursday though, which is Red Flag day, so I am in class writing this at the moment. I always have computers that are available to me here in school and at home and pretty much everywhere else I turn.

Fulfillment of WISE requirements?
I'm doing alright. I slowed down a little but by not being able to journal much, but I am planning on catching up straight away.

What are your plans for next week?
1) I will probably choose a specific software that I will use for the rest of the project, as I have a few choices at this point (Cubase, ProTools, Reaper)
2)Start recording!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment