Thursday, February 14, 2013

Red Flag Journal 1

So I got red flagged. Yep. Now I'm adding another goal to my list - getting out of this Thursday class. Good news is, all I have to do is my project. Oh and answer these questions.

How much time did you spend on your project?
I spent about 6 hours since Tuesday, when I wrote my last journal entry. I rehearsed and worked on writing a song with 2 musicians that I am collaborating with. I also briefly met with my mentor, as well as going to WISE class.

What did you do that was hands-on?
I started working on a new song with 2 musicians. It's sounding great so far. I also worked on demoing another song for a different project, but the activities are alike enough that I think it should count.

What research did you do?
In the past few days I have not done much specific research per se, unless you count my usual prowling of YouTube for band videos, interviews, etc. From what I gather, this may actually count as research, so that's pretty sweet.

Did you meet with your mentor? What did you talk about?
Yes, he and I did meet. We talked about scheduling our first meeting, which will happen after break, on Thursday after school. I'm ready to get going on these meetings and to start moving on with my project.


Do you have at least 3 journal entries? 
Including this Red Flag post, yes. By the weekend, I should have another post about more hands-on work, as well as information on the new recording software.


Were you in class this week? Did you have/use your journal?
Being deemed as Red Flagged, I have been in class twice this week and will continue this until it is seen fit that I can function on my own. Bleh. As far as my journal goes - I have access to it at pretty much all times of the day, due to the fact that it is an online blog and you can't spit without hitting something that has internet connectivity.

Fulfillment of WISE requirements?
 Good. I am getting started on my project and things are about to get going a whole lot more quickly and intensely soon. Just gotta keep pushing and proving myself I suppose.

What are your plans for next week?
Work with the new recording software hopefully. There are still some kinks I need to work out. But if that doesn't work out, I'll definitely still be working with musicians and my mentor. Maybe I'll even get some demoing done. My life revolves around music, so there will always be "research" everywhere I turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment