Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Updates

I have successfully finished writing two new songs. One is called "Choices" and the other, "Homestretch." They've both been sitting around for a while, but tonight after band practice I was in the writing mood, and so I finished them off. They are both for my band, but I might end up using one or both of the demos in my project. That still remains to be seen. 

I am also planning on accompanying Joon Park, a WISE classmate of mine who is also very interested in music (link to his blog here), to REP Studios in Ithaca next Wednesday. He does his "community service" hours there for Government class, and I am planning on joining him to meet with the in-house engineer there, Nate. There, I plan to chat with Nate about his experiences, and also hopefully get my Pro Tools updated and on to my laptop, which they have the capability of doing. 

I'm also planning on meeting with two sets of musicians for two sets of genres that I hope to record soon. One is going to be a mellow, acoustic, idie vibe, while the other is going to be a loud, upbeat, hardcore track. I'm probably going to drum on that one. I'm equally stoked about both though! 

More soon -- 

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you're really pumped for this project! It's awesome you were able to incorporate what you love to do for your project, and I can't wait to see what the end results are for your demos!

    ReplyDelete